Table of Contents
Round of a-paws, please. From luxury memberships and canine clubs like Good Dog to spoiling your pup with a delicious treats from PAWsitively Sweet Bakery, San Antonio is quickly growing into a dog-friendly city.
Whether you’re in need of a drinking paw-tner at a local brewery, hitting the night market, or just dining out, well bone appétit. Get ready to dig into this guide for dog-friendly spots around the 210.
Pro tip: You can use BringFido to find more dog-friendly restaurants, pet-friendly hotels and events, too.
- Black Laboratory Brewing, 1602 E. Houston St. | Bring your furry friend to this brewery and enjoy a beer + one of their wood-fire pizzas.
- Alamo Beer Company, 202 Lamar St. | Enjoy this family and pet friendly beer garden underneath the Hays Street Bridge.
- Texas Dog Co., 4302 Hyatt Pl. Dr. | Take a selfie with your dog in front of the dog mural at this new beer garden.
- Hops & Hounds, 13838 Jones Maltsberger Rd. | Dog parents can grab a drink and a snack while watching their dog mingle in one of two dog runs.
- Freetail Brewing Co., Multiple locations | Bring your dog and enjoy a beer at one of their three locations.
- The Lighthouse Lounge, 1016 Cincinnati Ave. | Enjoy a cocktail with your dog after spending a day on Woodlawn Lake.
- The Friendly Spot Ice House, 943 S. Alamo St. | All dogs are welcomed at this outdoor ice house.
- Burleson Yard Beer Garden, 430 Austin St. | Catch a live performance and grab a margarita with your furry friend.
- Home Room, 517 Live Oak | The only school-inspired bar in town where it’s acceptable to drink beer and bring your dog.
- McIntyre’s Southtown, 1035 S. Presa | Where beer nerds, dog-lovers, and sports enthusiasts cane unite at this traditional sports bar in Southtown.
- Hills & Dales Icehouse, 15403 White Fawn Dr. | Grab a beer + some tacos and spend Sunday funday with your dog either on the patio or inside.
- San Antonio Parks and Rec Dog Parks, Multiple locations | The city manages 17 off-leash dog parks within the San Antonio city limits.
- Legacy Park, 103 W. Houston St. | Hang out with your best dog friend in downtown’s backyard at one of the frequent dog markets.
- Medina Natural Area, 15890 TX-16 | Bring your over-energized pup on one of the dog-friendly hiking trails on San Antonio’s south side.
- Front Country Trail, 12861 Galm Rd. | Hike with your dog on the only park-approved trail at Government Canyon State Natural Area.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Park, 19399 N.W. Military Hwy. | Spend a great weather day hiking one of seven trails at this local park.
- Leon Creek Greenway Trailhead, 17612 Vance Jackson Rd. | Trailhead located at I-10 and 1604 is a great hike for you + your dog and goes through three San Antonio parks.
- Salado Creek Trail, 3104 N. Loop 1604 W. | This dog-approved paved trail runs from 1604, through the north side of San Antonio, and ends at Fort Sam Houston.
- The Shops at La Cantera, 15900 La Cantera Pkwy.| This outdoor mall on the northside of town is great aplace for you and your dog to go window shopping.
- Historic Pearl Farmers Market, 312 Pearl Pkwy.| Head down to the Historic Pearl on the weekend and enjoy the dog-friendly market featuring several dog boutiques.
- The Texas Market, Multiple locations | Visit one of the many pop up markets during the year all over the Alamo City that feature dog markets.
- Elsewhere Garden Bar & Kitchen, 103 E. Jones Ave. | Grab the cauliflower wings and a beer with your dog at this outdoor bar + restaurant.
- Mellow Mushroom, 115 N. Loop 1604 E. #2100 | Order a pizza on the outdoor patio and enjoy live trivia with your furry friend.
- Camp Outpost, 1811 S. Alamo St. | Bring your dog and try out this restaurant’s newest brunch menu.
- Chicken N Pickle, 5215 UTSA Boulevard | Rent out a pickleball court and stay for a meal with your friends + your dogs.
- The Rustic, 17619 La Cantera Pkwy. | Enjoy live music, Instagrammable photo spots, and weekend brunch with your furry partner in crime.
- Brasserie Mon Chou Chou, 312 Pearl Parkway | Take a trip to Paris with your dog without leaving San Antonio.
- Dog Haus Biergarten, 20907 Stone Oak Pkwy. | Grab a hot dog and try out one of their local craft beers on rotation with your dog on the patio.
- Camp 1604, 5535 N. Loop 1604 W.| Visit this camp-themed restaurant with your dog and order a camp marg + queso scout sandwich.
- The Cove, 606 W. Cypress St. | Order a SOL burger and a drink with you dog on the restaurant’s dog-friendly patio.
- The Good Kind, 1127 S. St Mary’s St. | Where specialty drinks, James Beard fellow-curated food menu, live music, and a dog-friendly patio seating meet.
- Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, 420 W. Market St. | This Riverwalk will pamper your dog — up to 40 lbs — with a Westin Heavenly Dog Bed, pet welcome kit, and food bowls for $150 per stay.
- Wyndham Garden San Antonio Riverwalk Museum Reach, 103 9th St. | Bring a maximum of two furry friends of any size for $50 per pet, per night.
- La Quinta by Wyndham San Antonio Northwest, 11155 W. Loop 1604 N. | This northside hotel welcomes two pets of any size for $25 per pet, per night and pets may be left in the room unattended.
- Thompson San Antonio, 115 Lexington Ave. | This luxury Riverwalk hotel welcomes your dogs for no additional charge for stays less than 30 nights.
- The Fairmont Hotel, 401 S. Alamo | Bring your well-behaved 35-lbs and under pet to this San Antonio pet-friendly hotel for a $75 non-refundable fee.
- Pear Tree Inn San Antonio Airport, 143 NE Loop 410 | Two pets — 80-lbs total — for an additional fee of $50 plus tax per night.