The City of San Antonio World Heritage Office selected the next batch of chef ambassadors who will represent the city as a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy through 2025. This group of chefs will participate in local, national, and international activities — media engagements and culinary events.
The city selection committee — comprised of San Antonio UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy Advisory Group and city staff — reviewed and selected applicants based on their skills, creativity, and commitment to local flavors.
Here’s our next ambassadors:
- Chef Leo Davila, Stixs & Stone
- Chef Uyen Pham, The Culinary Institute of America
- Chef Sofia Tejeda, Hotel Emma - Supper
- Chef Chef Jaime Gonzalez, Carriqui
- Chef Juan Carlos Bazan, Cuishe Cocina Mexicana and Toro Kitchen + Bar
- Chef John Tamez, Brackenridge High School
Learn more about the program from past chefs on YouTube. Stay tuned for a special presentation in August where the selected chef ambassadors will be officially recognized.