By now, you should know that you don’t have to catch a flight to travel around the world — ahem, see where to find international foods in the 210.
However, one of our readers let us know that we left out an important section.
We hear you loud and clear. Here are 15 local markets where you can shop for international ingredients.
- Man Pasand International Food Market, 3727 Colony Dr. (Northwest Side) | Indian, Pakistani
- Tokyo Mart, 825 W. Hildebrand Ave. (North Central) | Japanese
- Shahi Grocery, 20323 Huebner Rd. (Far North Central) | Indian, Pakistani, Halal
- Thai Hut Market, 9820 Potranco Rd. (Far West Side) | Asian
- Boricua Food Market, 1015 Rittiman Rd. (Alamo Heights) | Puerto Rican, Jamaican
- Seoul Asian Market, 1005 Rittiman Rd. (Alamo Heights) | Asian
- Las Americas, 6623 San Pedro Ave. (Olmos Park) | Central American, South American, Caribbean
- Vietnam Market, 5360 Walzem Rd. (Windcrest) | Asian
- Sari-Sari, 5700 Wurzbach Rd. (Leon Valley) | Filipino
- Bengal Grocery Fish And Halal Meat, 5727 Evers Rd. (Leon Valley) | Bangladeshi, Halal
Your one stop shop
Want to shop foods from several markets in one go? The remaining third of our list is all located in the Medical Center area.
- Aryana Halal, 8114 Fredericksburg Rd. | Middle Eastern, Halal
- Himalayan Bazar, 8466 Fredericksburg Rd. | South Asian
- Minnano Japanese Grocery, 7460 Callaghan Rd. | Japanese
- Ali Baba International Food Market, 9307 Wurzbach Rd. | Indian, Mediterranean, Eastern European, Halal
- Sasha’s Market European Food Store, 8023 Callaghan Rd. | Russian, Eastern European