The future of tech looks as bright as ever in the Alamo City with Port San Antonio’s newly-announced vision for its Southside cutting-edge technology hub.
🌟 What you need to know
- Three projects are expected to break ground in 2023.
- Beginning this summer, development professionals will be given the opportunity to refine the scope + design of the facilities.
- These developments are anticipated to create important opportunities for small businesses across the region.
Here’s the breakdown of what you can expect once complete.
🚀 Vertiport at Port San Antonio (i.e. ‘flying cars’)
- A vertiport is an area of land or structure intended to be used for electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOLs).
- This structure will be able to accommodate traditional winged aircraft + a new generation of passenger eVTOLs.
- This means everyday human flight through electrically-powered aircraft is rapidly becoming a reality.
🏢 DeLorean Motor Co. headquarters
- Less than a year since DeLorean’s announcement to set its global headquarters in SATX, we’re seeing the first look at its multi-story office tower.
- The building will be positioned near Port San Antonio’s main entrance at General Hudnell Drive.
- The tower is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2025.
🛰️ Lunar terrain laboratory
- Planned for the campus is a state-of-the-art research complex to advance space-based manufacturing and related technologies.
- This complex will feature a lab with simulated lunar terrain.
- Illustrated in the conceptual renderings is a domed structure design for the lab.
In partnership with the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Port San Antonio will be hosting free workshops at its headquarters at 907 Billy Mitchell Blvd. for businesses seeking potential partnership opportunities.
💼 Information session dates + times:
- Mon., June 27 — 4-5:30 p.m.
- Tues., July 19 — 5:30-7 p.m.
- Tues., Aug. 2 — 9-10:30 a.m.