The Rotary Club of San Antonio’s outdoor ice skating rink will return downtown to Travis Park this month. Slated to open on Friday, Nov. 18, this year’s rink will nearly double in size at approximately 5,000 sqft. Guests can enjoy skating through Monday, Jan. 16.
The Rotary Club of SA has hosted the ice rink since 2019, bringing over 200,000 guests to Travis Park since then. Proceeds from the ice rink help benefit Diploma Plus, Kingdom for Kids, and other rotary programs.
A limited number of skaters will be admitted to the rink every 30 minutes. Tickets are $14 for all ages, which includes skates, and advance reservations are highly recommended.
Along with regular skating hours, partner Centro San Antonio will be hosting a number of themed event nights:
- Mondays | Military Appreciation Night | All active-duty military and first responders skate for free from 5-10 p.m., with $4 off admission for dependents.
- Tuesdays | Cheap Skate + Movie Night | Skate for $7 while enjoying a free movie.
- Wednesdays | Date Night | Bring your beau for live jazz from 6-9 p.m.
- Thursdays | Snow Night | There will be a 100% chance of intermittent snow flurries.
- Fridays | Food Trucks | Purchase food from a variety of local food trucks.
- Saturdays | Storytime with Santa | Bring the kids for a special storytime series with the man in red himself.
- Sundays | Skating with the Stars | Watch professional performances from local intermediate and advanced skaters.