Unless you love bonding over a cul-de-sac cleanup, it’s nice to let someone else handle the Independence Day spectacle. Plus, local organizations are pros at showing off some incredible displays. 🎆
Consider us your one-stop firework shop. Read on for public firework displays, your favorite vantages to watch the lights, and tips to DIY. Bonus: If your pup is sensitive to sound, we’ve got some spots for you, too.
Public firework displays
- Kerrville | 9:30 p.m. | Join in on Robert Earl Keen’s 4th on the River holiday celebration. Visitors can view the fireworks at Louise Hays Park, 202 Thompson Dr.
- Leon Valley | 9:45 p.m. | Celebrate Independence Day with a Pioneer Firecracker 5K, parade, and live music. Close out the day at Raymond Rimkus Park for the fireworks display.
- Schertz | 9:15 p.m. | Bring your lawn chairs to Pickrell Park to enjoy a parade, live music, and a kids carnival.
- Woodlawn Lake | 9 p.m. | Enjoy a jam-packed day at the city of San Antonio’s official Fourth of July event. Don’t miss a performance by the Air Force Band of the West from 7:30-9 p.m.
Even more star-spangled fun
- SeaWorld San Antonio | 9:45 p.m. | Watch a spectacular pyrotechnic display along the Bayside. While you’re there, check out Tidal Surge, the park’s newest thrilling attraction.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas | 9 p.m. | Head over to watch a dazzling fireworks show choreographed to star-spangled music after checking the park’s newest addition, Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines.
Where to watch
You may be asking, what’s better than seeing one display? Seeing all of them. Follow the map for our favorite vantage points to get a bald eagle’s eye view of the festivities.
Did you know that larger fireworks explode at a diameter of 800+ feet (about 50 ft shy of the Tower of the Americans’s height)? Pretty incredible — until they go off on your lawn. Luckily, there’s rules in place so you can contribute to the spectacle safely.
Celebrate some peace + quiet
Before you spend the night trying to lure your four-legged friend out from under the bed, you may want to get as far from the commotion as possible.