Here’s what we know:
- Construction is expected to begin in January 2023 and be completed by the end of 2024.
- The project will add an additional 172,000 sqft to the hospital.
- The tower will feature four new labor, delivery, and recovery rooms + six new triage rooms (the place where each patient’s condition is prioritized when coming to the ER).
- New cross-corridors connecting the new and existing towers will be added.
- Charlotte-based architecture and engineering firm Haskell, Co. will lead the project.
Hospital officials hope the expansion will address an over 20% increase in population since 2010. The dramatic population boom in Westover Hills has also prompted Baptist Health System to expand into the area with a new 104-bed hospital slated for construction this year.