Oh, did you thinking now that #DrinkUpWeek is over, we’d stop celebrating local businesses? Nope.
Today marks the first day of Black Business Week SA,which provides educational classes + networking opportunities for local businesses and entrepreneurs.
This week-long event will be held at Upstage Comedy Lounge and there are plenty of ways to support locals + get involved.
Check out the breakdown of the week:
- Setting it Up | 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | $10+ | From the basics to branding, entrepreneurs are welcome to attend these classes that focus on how to start a business.
- BBWSA 2022 Spotlight Mixer | 6-8 p.m. | Theme: Product spotlight
- Featured food truck: U’SMACK’N (11 a.m.-8 p.m.) — Stuffed turkey legs, truffle butter steaks, and vegan options.
- Organize the Money | 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | Learn the ins and outs of money management with a focus on business banking + grants.
- BBWSA 2022 Spotlight Mixer | 6-8 p.m. | Theme: Books + poetry
- Featured food truck: Big Mama’s Taste of Soul (11 a.m.-8 p.m.) — Fried fish plates, barbecue chicken, and banana pudding.
- Working as or with a Non-profit | 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | Listen to community leaders + their expertise on working with the city, county, and big businesses.
- BBWSA 2022 Spotlight Mixer | 6-8 p.m. | Theme: Community initiatives
- Featured food trucks: JustDogs34 (11 a.m.-2 p.m.) — Classic Dogs, loaded mac bowls, and chicken sandwiches. Slangin’ Sliders (4-8 p.m.) — Brisket, sloppy joes, and loaded fries.
- Leveling Up | 11 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | Ready to expand your business? Get the lowdown on how to do just that with joint ventures, investors, and trading.
- BBWSA 2022 Spotlight Mixer | 6-8 p.m. | Theme: Art
- Featured food trucks: JustDogs34 (11 a.m.-2 p.m.) — Classic Dogs, loaded mac bowls, and chicken sandwiches. 3B BBQ (4-8 p.m.) — Brisket, rib tips + smoked turkey.
- Weekend Expo Kickoff | 12-4 p.m. | Shop from 17 vendors while enjoying free margaritas.
- Comedy Show | 7-11 p.m. | Get ready to laugh out loud with local comedians Bobby IV Smith and Mickey Housley and hear from inspirational speaker Anjanette Wilson.
- Featured food trucks: Kay’s Kreations (12-4 p.m.) — Birria tacos. Dat’z It Dat’z All (7-11 p.m.) Po’Boys, fried oysters, and jambalaya.
- Weekend Expo - Saturday | 12-4 p.m. | Shop from 21 more vendors with free samples from vendors.
- Featured food trucks: Heavenly BBQ (12-4 p.m.) — Smoked ribs, chicken, and sausage. Monster Treatz (12-4 p.m.) — Snow cones, nachos, and frito pie.