It has been a record-breaking year for the San Antonio International Airport (SAT). It has been a record breaking year for the San Antonio International Airport (SAT). From seeing 160,000 passengers travel through the airport on Monday, Sept. 4, to being named one of the top five stress-free and reliable airports in the US — our airport is topping national charts left and right.
So, what’s next for SAT? Enter, Condor Airlines with seasonal direct flights to Europe, for the first time ever, beginning in May 2024. We’re here to break down all the details and give you tips for your next international trip.
Flights from San Antonio
Condor is currently offering direct seasonal flights between Friday, May 17 and Friday, September 6. That’s right, booking is now open for direct flights from SAT to Frankfurt, Germany. Here’s what we know about the new non-stop flights:
- Service will be on Mondays with departures starting at 10:05 p.m., and on Wednesdays + Fridays departing SAT at 8:25 p.m.
- Flight times from San Antonio to Frankfurt is 10 hours, 15 minutes; and from Frankfurt to San Antonio is 11 hours, 25 minutes.
Condor’s new and fuel-efficient Airbus A330-900neo aircraft features 310 seats including:
- 30 business class
- 64 premium economy
- 216 economy
Pro tip: Check out our airport guide for all the things you need to know before heading to SAT.
Who is Condor Airlines?
Since 1965, this German-based airline has been taking its guests to the world’s most beautiful holiday destinations and has become one of Germany’s most popular leisure airlines. Here are a few facts about the airline:
- Travels to over 90 destinations around the world (now including San Antonio)
- Operates with a fleet with over 50 aircrafts
- Unveiled the first A330neo this past spring— this is the aircraft that will fly passengers between San Antonio and Frankfurt