With only a few days until Mexican Independence Day, Pearl has released a full schedule for its Viva Dieciséis festivities happening this Fri., Sept. 16.
Take a look at what you can expect at Pearl this Friday.
- 5 p.m. | Mariachi Festival kicks off in front of Southerleigh (shade structure)
- 5 p.m. | Burbank High School mariachi group performance at Parkito (next to Local Coffee)
- 5:30 p.m. | Loteria games + guitar painting by the Mexican Consulate
- 6 p.m. | Harris Middle School mariachi group performance at Parkito
- 6 p.m. | Stilt walkers from Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center perform
- 6 p.m. | Las Coronelas performance
- 6:45 p.m. | Grito by Consul General of Mexico + Grito contest
- 7 p.m. | Trio Chapultepec perform
- 7 p.m. | Mariachi Azteca to perform under the shade structure with guest Mateo Lopez
In addition to performances, Pearl-area businesses + restaurants will also host their own pop-ups, specials, and artisans markets in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month (Thurs., Sept. 15-Sat., Oct. 15) — see more.