Now more than ever, data shows that consumers are experimenting with what it means to be “sober curious.” The result has been a spike in sales of non-alcoholic beverages and a declining interest in alcoholic drinks.
Here are a few stand-out stats:
- Total dollar sales of non-alcoholic beverages grew by 20.6% between August 2021 and 2022. Non-alcoholic beer accounted for 85.3% of those sales.
- 36% of US consumers reported to have “lost interest in drinking alcohol in general” while 13% reported to be “interested in alternative non-alcoholic beverages.”
- Sales of non-alcoholic beer, wine, and spirits rose from 0.22% of total alcohol sales in the US in 2018 to 0.47% in 2022.
- Global Market Share predicts that the non-alcoholic drinks market will grow to $30 billion by 2025.
Wanna know where you can enjoy a mocktail in San Antonio? These are some of the local spots we love + what to drink there:
- The Hayden | Dr. Lampenstein’s Celery Soda is made with a family recipe celery syrup along with soda water + lime.
- Hash Vegan Eats | Irish coffee includes Tumbleweed coffee, oatmilk, coconut whipped cream and Ritual Whiskey (zero-proof liquor to give that oak and caramel taste.)
- Box St. Social | Topo Chica made with Mexican Limonada and mineral water.
- Hot Joy | Cosmic Fizz has Coca Cola with lime, cherry, and coconut.
- Down on Grayson | Blood Orange Creme Soda includes orange juice, blood orange, vanilla, and Topo Chico.
Did we miss your favorite mocktail spot? Let us know.