A few highlights of what were shared in the update include major environmental and cultural improvements such as plans to reintroduce native grasses, reduce impervious cover, and expand biodiversity.
Here are a few objectives for the first two phases of the project.
🌳 Phase one
- Restoration of the river walls of the Pumphouse
- Repair and rebuild Lambert Beach walls and stairs
- Grading and earthwork improvements
🌳 Phase two
- Restore Upper Labor lily pond
- Re-water the historic raceway
- Make a connection for future Spirit Reach trail
During the presentation, a detailed explanation of planned tree removals was offered along with schematics. After receiving public feedback, the number of trees set for removal was reduced to 77.