Just like the rest of San Antonio (and Texas), we are devastated by the tragedy that took place in Uvalde. With SATX having such close proximity to this small town, it’s important for us to shed light on ways we can help the families, teachers, and people affected by this tremendous loss of life.
Whether you decide to donate or lend a helping hand, here are ways to give back to the Uvalde community.
- Donate in-person, by mail, or Zelle to the official Robb Elementary memorial fund set up at the First State Bank of Uvalde.
- GoFundMe has a verified list of fundraisers for people affected by the shooting on its website.
- See this list of local blood donation centers + how you can make an appointment online to donate blood at University Health.
- The San Antonio Legal Services Association is looking for local attorney volunteers to assist the victims’ families.
- Local chef Mike Nguyen of Noodle Tree is donating 100% of the proceeds from this week’s sales + his portion made from the Sari-Sari Supper Club dinner collaboration to the families affected by this tragedy.
- Local businesses San Antonio Gold, Southtown Vinyl, Alleycat Coffee, The Lighthouse Lounge, Folklores Coffee House, Friends of Sounds + others are teaming up for a stuffed animal drive asking for donations to distribute to the children + families of Uvalde.
- Urban Printshop and Design Studio is selling “Uvalde Strong” t-shirts with 100% of the proceeds going to the Victims First organization.
- Amaretti Coffee will be donating 100% of its sales over the next two days to help the affected families.
- Donate supplies or food to this barbecue plate sale put on by local residents + Porter Poultry.
- All weekend cookie sales from Spread the Loaves will go to Everytown for Gun Safety.
Elsewhere Garden Bar & Kitchen and Prime Wellness will host a fundraiser on Sat., May 28 to raise funds for the families affected by this tragedy.
United Way of San Antonio has created a fund to support the victims’ families + the Uvalde community with immediate and long-term mental health resources.
Donate to the Uvalde Strong Survivors Fund (in partnership with the National Compassion Fund) where 100% of the proceeds will provide direct financial assistance to the survivors of the deceased and those directly affected by this tragedy.
The Uvalde Strong Fund is an emergency relief fund to support area nonprofits providing much-needed assistance, including mental health services, in the Uvalde community.
- Join the Good Vibe Tribe +a collection of SATX influencers on Sun., May 29 at 10 a.m. at El Guacamole Mexican Grill for a #caravanoflove to Uvalde, TX.