As we’ve shared before, San Antonio is also known as Military City, USA, and there are a number of ways to honor our military this Veterans Day. From discounts to events, we’re here to help you make the most of celebrating our heroes.
Local offers + discounts
- Bombshells Restaurant & Bar is offering veterans free entrees on Veterans Day, and if you’re getting a meal with the family, they will receive 20% off their tab.
- Gather Brewing Co. is hosting Veterans Day weekend deals and events including brunch on Sunday and $5 beer specials for military on Friday from 2 to 10 p.m.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas is giving free admission and parking for veterans, as well as discounted rates for friends + family (up to four people) this Veterans Day weekend on Nov. 11 + Nov. 12.
- The McNay is giving Veterans free general admission to its museum.
- TopGolf’s Heroes Program is offering veterans discounts on game sessions, event + room rentals, and platinum memberships.
Veteran’s Day events
Friday, Nov. 10
- San Antonio Water Systems (SAWS) will host a free Veterans Day breakfast from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Join the flag raising ceremony at SAWS HQ with breakfast in the SAWS Cafe.
Saturday, Nov. 11
- Hemisfair is hosting the third annual SA Veterans Day at its newly-opened Civic Park from noon to 8 p.m. The free event includes live music, food + beverages, entertainment, laser + drone shows, flyovers, parachuting, and more. Plus, veterans who show their military ID’s at an information booth will be given a free food voucher for the festival.
- The oldest and largest post in Texas, VFW Post 76, will host an Rock Music Festival that’s open to the public from 3 p.m. to midnight. The VFW will be accepting donations benefiting veterans at the door.
Sunday, Nov. 12
- Ranger Creek Brewing & Distilling will be putting on a 5K Veterans Day Fun + Beer Run starting at 1 p.m. There will be beer samples per lap runners finish around the course, and those who complete the 5K will receive a finisher mug.