As we’ve shared before, San Antonio is also known as Military City, USA, and there a number of ways to honor our military this Veterans Day, too. From discounts to events, we’re here to help you make the most of celebrating our heroes.
Local Offers + Discounts for Veterans
- The San Antonio Zoo is offering free admission for the entire month of November to active duty, retired, and veteran members of the military, national guard, and reserves. Not only that, but immediate family members can receive 50% off admission, too.
- Great Clips is offering free haircuts to all veterans and active service members on Friday, Nov. 11. Non-military members who get a haircut on Veterans Day can take home a free haircut card to give to an active military member or veteran they know.
- The Texas Air Museum at Stinson Field is offering free admission to veterans on Friday, Nov. 11. The museum’s displays feature military vehicles, aircraft, uniforms, awards, articles, photographs, and artifacts to explore.
- The downtown coworking space, Geekdom, is hosting a military open house 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 11. In addition to free food + drink and open desks, active military, veterans, and their spouses can receive free professional headshots from 2-4 p.m. Visitors who wish to become a member can get 50% off the Collaborator membership with their military I.D.
Celebrations + Events
Friday, Nov. 11
- Chicken N Pickle will host a flag raising ceremony at 11 a.m. led by Reagan HS JROTC, and the National Anthem will be sung by Reagan HS Chantez Nouvelle Choir. In addition, 10% of all food and beverage sales from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. will be given to South Texas Veterans Health Care System for the Live Whole Health Program.
- VFW Post 76 will host an Honor Ceremony at 6 p.m. celebrating military veterans of all branches.
- The US Air Force Band of the West from Joint-Base San Antonio-Lackland will perform a Veterans Day concert at the Lila Cockrell Theatre from 7-9 p.m. The concert is free to the public, and you can reserve your seat online.
Saturday, Nov. 12
- Hemisfair is hosting the second annual SA Veterans Day downtown from 12-10 p.m. This free event includes live music with headliner Coffey Anderson, food + beverages, entertainment, and vendors. The first 500 attendees will receive a free commemorative poster. Restored military vehicles and military equipment will also be on display, and the evening will close out with a laser light show presented by CPS Energy.
Sunday, Nov. 13
- The City of Helotes will host a free community concert honoring veterans and military members. The event will take place 3-5 p.m. at the Helotes Fire Department, and free parking will be available on site.