The Magik Theatre is kicking off its 2023-2024 season with a new show, “Carmela Full of Wishes” based on the book of the same title by award-winning author Matt de la Peña and illustrator Christian Robinson. This adaptation depicts the story of Carmela on her 7th birthday and the wishes + dreams she has for her life.
Here’s what to know before you go:
- Located at 420 S. Alamo St.
- Runs from Friday, Oct. 14 through Sunday, Oct. 22
- Single tickets range from $22 to $27
- A special sensory-friendly showing is on Saturday, Oct. 21 at 10 a.m.
- American Sign Language Interpreted Performance with Robert Cardoza on Saturday, Oct. 21 at 2 p.m.
The theater will also collaborate with Hemisfair to include a new series of events + special performances designed for young audiences including:
- Magik Story Time at Hemisfair | Tuesday, October 10 | Yanaguana Garden, 434 S. Alamo St. | 10:00 a.m. |Free
- Magik Theatre Opening Day Party in the Park | Saturday, Oct. 14 | Hemisfair, 434 S. Alamo St. | 12:30 pm | Free
- Muertos Fest Performance of “Carmela Full of Wishes” | Saturday, Oct. 28 | Magik Theatre, 420 S. Alamo St. | 10 a.m. | Free