November is here, and the frenzied flurry of the holidays is beginning to rear its head. As a gift of gratitude to our readers, we’re rounding up local businesses that are serving up the goods this Thanksgiving to save you time in the kitchen — meaning more time for holiday gift shopping or taking in the lights.
Buy-buy these bakery pies
- Bakery Lorraine is taking pre-orders for four different holiday pie flavors: apple cranberry, dutch apple, whiskey pecan, and roasted pumpkin. Pies are $28 each and available for pickup at each of it’s main storefronts, including the new Boerne location.
- The Bread Box has four holiday pies available for pre-order as well, including a chocolate pecan pie, whiskey pumpkin, apple, and a traditional pumpkin pie.
- San Antonio mainstay Earl Abel’s offers $5 pies for walk-ins year round. Snatch up an apple, maple pecan, or try something different with the chocolate icebox pie.
Order the whole kit and caboodle
- Keep your Thanksgiving dinner puro with Bill Miller’s party packs. You can order complete meals for 10-20 people, including turkey or ham with side dishes galore — cornbread dressing, giblet gravy, green beans or mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, fresh baked pies, complete with a bucket of tea. Orders must be placed by Tuesday, Nov. 22.
- Two Bros BBQ is also offering complete meals for 10-12 people, along with individual smoked turkeys starting at $75. Meals include BBQ spiced smoke turkey, roasted rosemary fingerling potatoes, roasted garlic and thyme bread stuffing, and more. The deadline to order is Sunday, Nov. 20.
- Central Market is bringing back its holiday meals — and a $10 discount if you order by Monday, Nov. 7. Choices include everything from turkey, to apricot ginger glazed ham, to an herb-encrusted beef tenderloin. Don’t forget the sides (hello, Brussels sprouts) and a four seasons pie for dessert. Order online through Sunday, Nov. 20.
- As the saying goes, no store does more than H-E-B — and it’s serving up simple deliciousness with holiday meals available for four-eight people. Options include spiral ham and turkey breast, along with sides like sweet potato casserole and tangy cranberry sauce. Meals can be ordered Nov. 14-23.