The largest anime and gaming convention in the South Texas Region is returning to the Alamo City this weekend — welcome to San Japan.
For an epic three days (Fri., Sept. 2-Sun., Sept. 4), anime lovers from all over will come together in the heart of the city at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
Whether it’s Demon Slayer or Studio Ghibli, there’s something for every fandom with plenty of panels + cosplay galore.
We’re giving you a snapshot of what you can expect.
💥 Panels + Guests
- Ironmouse | Days attending: Saturday (virtual) | AKA “Demon Queen,” this Puerto Rican-American VTuber is one of the top streamers on Twitch, holding the record for the most subs of any female streamer on the platform.
- Takeru | Days attending: all weekend | Takeru is a musician and was a vocalist + creative director for the rock band, SuG, for 10 years — convention pass required to attend (no tickets).
- Austin Tindle | Days attending: all weekend | With credits in hit shows like One Piece and My Hero Academia, this Austin-raised voice actor has made his mark in the English-dubbed anime world.
- Phalafel Cosplays | Days attending: all weekend | Karena Ingram — official brand ambassador for ColourPop Cosmetics, Capcom Games, and more — will serve as a cosplay judge.
- San Japan Electronic Gaming areas will host multiple gaming tournaments throughout the weekend on 100+ different types of consoles.
- A Japanese Arcade will also be available and free to play with a valid convention badge.
- Those who are interested in collectible or trading card games (like Magic: The Gathering) can also join in on the fun with tabletop gaming.
🌐 General info
- Single-day and multiple-day tickets are available to purchase.
- Parking is limited — Pro tip: order an Uber or ride with VIA.
- See the conventions cosplay rules for weapon + prop guidelines.
Head to the convention center’s website for more information.