If you didn’t know, the month of May was designated by Congress in 1992 as Asian Pacific American Heritage month as a way to celebrate + commemorate the contributions of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the US.
Local businesses Sari-Sari SATX, Last Chance Market, and DeuxSouth Creative have come together to create the first-ever AAPI Heritage Month Restaurant Passport in the Alamo City.
🍽️ Here’s how it works
- Pick up (at any participating location) or print a passport to start your AAPI Restaurant Month.
- Visit any participating AAPI-owned restaurant during the month of May, show your passport, receive a stamp + get a 10% discount on your purchase.
- At the end of the month, present your passport with 15+ stamps to any of the Sari-Sari locations between Wed., June 1 through Sun., June 5 to be entered for a chance to win Spurs Swag from the Spurs AAPI Affinity Network.
🍽️ Participating restaurants, food trucks + markets
- Bakery Loraine
- Best Quality Daughter
- Big Aloha’s Aliʻi Cove Restaurant
- Chefs Table
- Dashi Sichuan Kitchen & Bar
- Formosa Garden
- Godai Sushi
- Hanamaru Cafe
- Indy Coffee Co.
- Momo House Nepali Style Dumpling
- Noodle Tree
- Pinch Boil House
- Sari-Sari Filipino Restaurant Market and Bakery
- Sari-Sari Supper Club
- Sichuan House
- Sitx & Stone
- Tenko Ramen
- 30F Degrees
- Asia Market
- Korean Market
- Minnano Japanese Grocery
- Sari-Sari Store
- Sari-Sari Restaurant, Bakery & Market
- Temple of Offering
- Tim’s Oriental & Seafood Market
- Aroy Ver Thai Bite
- Bullgogi Boys Korean Food
- Gems of Hawaii 210
- Hokulani Shave Ice
- Jeepney Street Eats Filipino Fusion
- Kain Na
- Lumpias Rollin
- Sunshine Brew Coffee
🍽️ Upcoming AAPI events
- Yelp SA celebrates AAPIHM | Fri., May 13-Sun., May 15 | All day | Sari-Sari Restaurant, 18720 Stone Oak Pkwy., Ste. 115 | Free | Start your passport journey with a complimentary halo halo dessert + special surprise — anyone with a Yelp account can RSVP for this event.
- Black Swan Yoga | Wed., May 25 | 6:30-9 p.m. | Sari-Sari Restaurant, Bakery & Market, 5700 Wurzbach Rd. | Free | Find your inner zen with this free community yoga session.
- Last Chance Market | Sat., May 28 | 3-6 p.m. | Sari-Sari Restaurant, Bakery & Market, 5700 Wurzbach Rd. | Free entry | Shop and support local from AAPI vendors, artisans + makers.
- Sari-Sari Supper Club Dinner Collaboration | Sun., May 29 | 6-10 p.m. | 10234 TX-151, Ste. 102 | Prices vary | Experience a dinner from local chefs from Dashi/Sichuan House + Noodle Tree.
While we encourage you to join in and participate in this wonderful initiative, dining in or picking up from any local AAPI restaurant year-round will not only show your support, but help our AAPI community continue to grow for years to come.
Make sure to follow AAPI-San Antonio on Instagram + click the link below to find a list of other participating restaurants and upcoming AAPI events.