If you love peach season in Texas just as much as the SATXtoday editors, you’ll want to head over to The Shops at La Cantera this weekend for a fun-filled day of peach-inspired festivities.
The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau will bring a taste of the Texas Hill Country this Sat., June 11 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
🍑 The facts
- With 600+ acres of trees, Gillespie County is one of the largest peach-producing counties in Texas.
- Peach season in Fredericksburg lasts through mid-August.
- During this time, visitors can explore 15+ roadside peach stands + its farmers market with seasonal goodies.
🍑 The festival
- Peach Fest encourages SATX residents to bring the entire family + furry friends (on leash or carrier, of course).
- Attendees will be able to stroll, sip + shop as The Shops at La Cantera has an open container policy.
- There will be live music by Luckenbach Texas Pickers from 1-4 p.m.
- 14 local artists from the San Antonio Artist Collective will paint peach-inspired and Texas Hill Country-related works of art live from 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau will have a booth where you can learn all things the Texas Hill Country.
🍑 The vendors
- Hill Country Fruit Council will feature 14 orchards from Fredericksburg.
- Taste delicious wines from Fiesta Winery, Narrow Path Winery + William Chris Vineyards.
- Try peach-infused salsa, jellies, and jams from Fredericksburg Farms.
- Get your hands on Texas pecan products and gifts from the Fredericksburg Pecan Company.
- And of course, retailers from The Shops at La Cantera will be present such as Sur la Table and Tecovas Boots.
The event is free and open to the public. Find more information by visiting The Shops at La Cantera’s website + keep an eye out for a potential Fredericksburg feature in our “Hit the Road” series this summer.