Tech Port Center + Arena continues to expand its space as an innovation campus + inspire our future innovators with its most recent addition to the San Antonio Museum of Science and Technology (SAMSAT).
Residents and visitors from all over can now experience SAMSAT’s newest exhibit for free — welcome to Area 21.
🤖 About SAMSAT
SAMSAT officially opened its doors in 2017 and since then has welcomed an average of 20,000 students from across the Alamo City. Its mission is to teach and engage the community through STEM programming + education in the fields of cybersecurity, aerospace, lunar architecture, robotics, bioscience + more.
🤖 About the exhibit
According to a press release, the 20,000-sqft Area 21 exhibit will offer hands-on learning, internships, and volunteer opportunities to 100,000 students every year (several times larger than what the initial concept was).
Visitors will have the opportunity to interact with several activities like:
- Large-scale demonstrations of three-dimensional printing of habitats on the moon
- Responding to cybersecurity scenarios that simulate real-world threats
- Seeing the inner workings of a self-driving vehicle
- Taking rides in flight simulators for upcoming generations of electrically-powered aircraft
- Designing and building a personal computer
- Tour the state-of-the-art broadcast booth, which is the control hub for events that occur in the arena + more
This exhibit was made possible by the collaboration and contribution from some of the biggest names in the tech industry and the San Antonio community. Visitors will interact with activations created by:
- NASA-backed WEX Foundation and affiliated entity Astroport
- Plus One Robotics
- Northworks Automation
- Andy Robot
- Southwest Research Institute (SwRI)
Area 21 will also host presentations by leading technology experts, product demonstrations, industry meetups + events in the future.
You can visit the new space Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. + Sun., 12-5 p.m. You can also visit SAMSAT’s website for the latest updates on exhibits, events, and tech news in the SATX community.