Just a short 30-minute drive from SA is a hill country destination that even Oprah approves of.
Today, we’re transporting you to Boerne’s Hill Country Mile with a list of things to do, eat, and see from sunrise to sundown.
☕ Start your day:
- The Dienger Trading Co., 210 N. Main St. | Mon.-Sat., 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. + Sun., 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. | Once a grocery store in the late 1800s, now a bakery + bistro. Try this: City Editor Rossi loves the Tres leches latte + the classic Dienger Breakfast Croissant with scrambled eggs, griddled ham, and smoked cheddar.
🛍️ Where to shop:
- The Christmas Shoppe, 132, S. Main St. | Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m. + Sun., Noon-6 p.m. | This winter wonderland celebrates Christmas year-round — say less.. Pro tip: Follow the shop’s blog for holiday history, crafts, recipes, and coupons.
📸 Snap a photo:
- Boerne Mural, 256 S. Main St. | Open daily | Strike a pose in front of the iconic mural on Main St. Pro Tip: Stop by the Boerne Visitors Center and pick up a free self-guided historic walking tour pamphlet. Bonus: Take a detour and see the rare 1614 Bible at the Patrick Heath Public Library.
🍺 Grab a drink:
- Tusculum Brewing Co., 236 S. Main St. | Times vary | This brewery boasts beer + mimosa flights, plus charcuterie boards fit for royalty. Try this: The Main BLTini with a side salad and homemade dressing.
🍦 Something Sweet:
- Salty & Sweet, 123 N. Main St. | Times vary | This is your one-stop-shop for all things sweet + savory. Try this: We recommend the Philly Soft Pretzel with a side of raspberry chipotle dipping sauce and a gourmet root beer.
🍽️ End the day:
- Cypress Grille, 170 S. MainSt. | Times vary | Unwind + relax at the wine bar with a wood-fired steak. Pro tip: Want lunch instead? Check out its daily lunch special menu.
What Hill Country destination should we cover next? Send us an email. In the meantime, share your Boerne adventures with us on Instagram.