Strike a pose. Texas Fashion Week is back in San Antonio for its third year beginning Sunday Oct. 1 through Saturday, Oct. 7. Organized by the Texas Fashion Industry Initiative, the week will be filled with 20 emerging fashion designers from Texas and out of state, including three college-level designers from Texas universities.
What is Texas Fashion Week?
Throughout the event it gives up-and-coming designers a chance to show off their upcoming collections to the public. All week long, attendees will have the chance to experience four runway shows, fashion + beauty panels, a high school sustainability competition, exhibitions, and networking opportunities.
Here’s a look at the schedule:
Sunday, Oct. 1
- TXFW Kickoff | Paramour, 102 9th St. Floor 4 | 7-10 p.m. | $35-$200 | Kick off Fashion Week with a party, cocktails, networking, and live music.
Monday, Oct. 2
- Education Activation | KLRN, 501 Broadway | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | $0-65 | See panels such as Drag in Fashion + Branding in Fashion, as well as a runway show.
Tuesday, Oct. 3
- Runway Shows | KLRN, 501 Broadway | 7-10 p.m. | $50-$65 | Watch designers show off their looks in this show.
Wednesday, Oct. 4
- Runway Shows | KLRN, 501 Broadway | 7-10 p.m. | $50-$65
Thursday, Oct. 5
- Runway Shows + Culinary Experience | KLRN, 501 Broadway | 7-10 p.m. | $50-$115 | In addition to a fashion show, you’ll be treated with food dishes made by Thompson Hotel’s Chef Alba.
Friday, Oct. 6
- Texas Fashion Industry Awards | Tobin Center, 100 Auditorium Circle | 6-10 p.m. | $75-$150 | Celebrate the week’s designers and participants with a red carpet walk and award show.
Saturday, Oct. 7
- Texas Fashion Industry Awards Brunch | Kiki’s Coffee & Spirits, 1100 Broadway | 12-3 p.m. | $35 | A fashionable brunch with complimentary mimosas? Say less.
We think Miranda Priestly would be proud. As “The Devil Wears Prada” lead character always says ... “That’s all.”