We are at the start of spooky season and what better way to get into the spirit then with a reader-led Halloween house decorating contest? That’s right, welcome to the SATXtoday Halloween House Decorating Contest.
We’re calling on you to submit your house or nominate a friend to be featured in an upcoming newsletter. Let’s get into the details.
These are the three categories that you can enter into. The categories are:
- Best family-friendly house: These houses can be in the spirit of Halloween with inflatables and an inviting atmosphere.
- Best spooky house: The house with the most cohesive theme and decorations invoking a sense of eeriness.
- Best creative house: This house has used materials such as wood pallets, old construction materials, and leftover PVC piping (to name a few) allowing the decorations to tell a unique Halloween story.
Each person is allowed to submit one house per response with an image of the front facade of the house, no interiors please.
Sound spook-tacular? To make a submission:
- Take a picture of your house + submit it here
- Add a name for your decorated house
- A short description, your name
- Your email address
Submissions are open through 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 20.
Readers will be able to vote starting on Monday, Oct. 23 and the winners will be announced in a special edition of our newsletter on Halloween.
Good luck, and may the scariest house win.