Calling all the art aficionados — whether you’re looking for a new addition to your mantlepiece or trying to fill out a Hill Country road trip, we’ve got you covered.
Here are 11 places where you can find art in the Hill Country:
🖼️ New Braunfels
- Mill Street Art Gallery, 387 W. Mill St. | You can browse the gallery’s collection of westerns, landscapes, and sculptures online or by visiting its storefront at historic downtown New Braunfels.
- New Braunfels Art League Gallery, 239 W. San Antonio St. | Established in 1965, the art league has now developed a prominent presence in the community. You can also participate in workshops + classes on the second floor of the building.
- Texas Treasures, 605 S. Main St. | Just a short drive northwest, this gallery and custom frame shop features plenty of Texas-themed artwork.
- Gallery 195 of Boerne, 195 S. Main St. | This is your one-stop shop for contemporary pieces by local artists and artisans.
- Rivers Edge Gallery, 832 Water St. | This Hill Country spot is three businesses in one: gallery, custom framing, and fine art printing service locally-owned for 20+ years.
- Duncan-McAshan Visual Arts Center, 120 Point Theatre Rd. S. | Visit Stonehenge II while you’re checking out this gallery space operated by the Hill Country Arts Foundation.
- Art on 12, 13811 Ranch Rd. 12 | Voted best gallery in Wimberley six years in a row, you can now view the current bi-monthly guest show through the end of August.
- Bent Tree Gallery, 105 Henson Rd. | Check out this local artist co-op that is gearing up for its special Black & White September show.
- Steidel Fine Art, 15401 Ranch Rd. 12, Unit 103 | This fine art gallery also provides comprehensive art consultancy services for projects of any scale.
🖼️ San Marcos
- San Marcos Art Center, 117 N. Guadalupe St., Ste. 101| The center showcases rotating featured artists of all mediums, from clay to stained glass to assemblage and fine art.
- Studio San Martian, 1904 Old Ranch Rd. 12, Ste. 108 | This cooperative community arts organization hosts events like workshops, yoga classes, and poetry nights.
Did you know that we also have our own gallery? Six and Main is your go-to online shop for local artists and artisans to share their work with customers from all over — check out featured partners in our gallery. Send us a message if you’d like to sell your own art.