If you’re not looking, you might just miss this gem located in the Historic Pearl. Tucked away near Local Coffee is High Street Wine Co. After taking a summer break to renovate its space, we got a sneak peak before the wine bar’s grand opening last week.
High Street Wine
Located at 302 Pearl Pkwy., Unit 104, this one-of-a-kind bar has been connecting with the San Antonio community through wine since 2016. Led by General Manager and Advanced with Court of Master Sommelier Austin Tabbone — who is one of six sommeliers in the city and the only one who works on the floor of a restaurant.
The establishment strives to connect the San Antonio community through education, genuine service, and making wine approachable.
- Wine from 25+ countries all over the world including Japan, China, and Canada
- Offers 50 to 60 by-the-glass wines
- Bottles of wine available for purchase from its wine shop
- Features a food menu including flat bread and charcuterie
According to a TDLR filing last December, High Street Wine Co. doubled in size to 2,804 sqft — more room equals more wine. Let’s break down the updates:
- New food prep area
- Wine cellar now holds 2,400 bottles of wine
- Extending seating including Champagne lounge (reservation only)
- More wine education classes coming soon
- Wine club launching in October
But wait, there’s more. Stay tuned for the addition of new food menu items including seasonal dips and seafood. As part of phase two, the outdoor patio will undergo renovations in the spring.